- 1. Prepare the court-bouillon by pouring the water and wine in a large cooking dish.
- 2. Add the carrot, bouquet garni, onion, celery and sea salt.
- 3. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes, so that the flavours come out.
- 4. Clean the whelks in cold water and put them in the court-bouillon.
- 5. Bring back to a boil and then reduce heat.
- 6. Let simmer for 1 hour.
- 7. Refrigerate the whelks for 3 to 4 hours in the bouillon.
- 8. While the whelks marinate, mix together the green onion, tomato, peppers, onion, jalapeño pepper and lime juice.
- 9. Marinate in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours.
- 10. Remove the whelks from their shells using a needle and cut into fine rings.
- 11. Add the whelks to the marinated vegetables.
- 12. Mix the olive oil with the lettuce.
- 13. Place the lettuce and olive oil mixture on each plate.
- 14. Add a few spoonfuls of the whelk salad onto each bed of lettuce.
- 15. Garnish with quail eggs.
Source: Authentique cuisine du Québec