Whelk casserole au gratin
- 1. In a greased Pyrex dish (9 in. x 13 in (3 L), place the potato slices one on top of the other to cover the entire bottom.
- 2. Sprinkle the minced leek on the potatoes, add the mixed vegetables, season with pepper and thyme and add 1 cup of the Mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Bake at 400 °F (200 °C) for approximately 35 minutes and cover.
- 4. Uncover and add the whelks and remaining cheese.
- 5. Mix the garlic blossom and Béchamel sauce; cover the casserole with the mixture.
- 6. Bake until the cheese becomes golden brown and serve.
Source: Saveurs d'ici